Any toy can be reinvigorated with the addition of a few items. We have a lovely farm but my ‘little girls’ wanted to make their own additions to make it really exciting for the animals. I don’t need to be asked twice to make a small world so we set to work.
Take whatever you have to hand but a few ideas…
- Yellow wool for animal bedding
- Pinecones and play dough to create a little forest
- Cut paper to make more bedding (also fun to practice scissor skills)
- Crepe paper, a plate and a bowl to create a hill for the cows
- Cotton wool to make a nice soft bed for the pigs
- Packing ‘green things’ for a field (we have been saving these for ages and we finally got to put them to good use!)
- Offcuts of leather from scrapstore for a muddy field and a nice texture
Really you can add anything though…just get creative and make your perfect animal farm. Natural materials from the garden would be really fun here too.
Enid Blyton Rating: 10 out of 10 (Endless possibilities with all your toys creating a tiny world. Just by adding a few things it brings the toys to life. It does tend to take over your table for a while as we never want to move them so you might want to find a small corner somewhere and declare it your ‘small world’ space!)